Washington offers picturesque beauty, endless activities, and more for visitors and those who call it home. We have several clinical opportunities available in Washington and want to highlight what makes these communities unique. With Obstetrix or Pediatrix in Washington, you can pursue career growth and advancements while achieving your desired work-life balance. Our openings will allow you to be at the forefront of care against the background of the Pacific Northwest.
“It smells like home. It smells like green, clear air,” proclaims Jane Dimer, MD, FACOG, Inpatient OB-Gyn Hospitalists Medical Director for the Seattle region.
Whether your lifestyle is urban, suburban, or rural, Spokane has something for you. The second largest city in Washington and one of the most affordable places to live in the U.S., there are plenty of cultural and outdoor recreational activities to keep you entertained year-round in the serene nature of the Inland Northwest. Establish or maintain a healthy lifestyle with hiking trails for all skill levels.
Spokane is fantastically family friendly. If you need evidence – it’s the birthplace of Father’s Day. There are multiple options for higher education and plenty of activities year-round.
Why Mount Vernon in the Skagit Valley?
This area of uncommon scenic beauty near Seattle offers a strong sense of community and the ability to seek adventure year-round, with proximity to all that nature has to offer. Water to the west and mountains to the east provide endless opportunity for time outdoors.
Fresh air and sunshine abound in the Skagit Valley. You’ll find space to breathe in this area, with proximity to the big city when you need it. The Northern Cascade Highways and skiing at Stevens Pass and Mt. Baker are easily accessible getaways for added adventure! The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is a springtime spectacle you won’t want to miss.
Here are 11 more reasons why a clinical career in Washington is perfect for you.
- On the weekends, the San Juan Islands in the north Puget Sound are an easy day trip for sailing or whale watching.
- In southeast Washington, Walla Walla is the cradle of the Washington State wine country – perfect for a weekend adventure!
- In central Washington, the Gorge Amphitheater is a show stopping outdoor venue for concerts, which regularly hosts beloved locals like musician Dave Matthews and more.
- Wolf Haven International in Tenino is a nationally recognized wolf sanctuary offering a forever home to rescued animals.
- Take a drive on the Sherman Pass. This scenic byway is the highest maintained pass in the state and provides striking views of the surrounding wilderness.
- In northeast Washington, Whidbey Island and Camano Island are ideal locations for peace and quiet. Some of our clinicians have settled here with their families. These island communities are an easy commute to Skagit and about an hour commute to Seattle.
- The Museum of Glass, located in Tacoma, is not to be overlooked. This museum dedicated to glass and the glassmaking process is beautiful and educational.
- Attend the Spokane Lilac Festival, a week-long festival commemorating spring, youth, and community spirit.
- If you’re in Spokane in the fall, Hoopfest celebrates basketball and highlights this area as the crossroads of several local universities and sports venues.
- Take a weekend trip to the Olympic National Park in Port Angeles. The park offers a variety of family-friendly activities from hiking to swimming in mineral springs to camping. While you’re in the area, check out the Hall of Mosses in the Hoh Rain Forest and Hurricane Ridge’s mountain vistas. Additionally, the western-most reaches of Washington’s pacific coast include the breathtaking Kalaloch beach.
- For nature lovers, try visiting Mount Rainer National Park, which offers year-round activities of hiking, climbing, and downhill and cross-country skiing.
Let us help you find the ideal location for your career
Founded in 1979, MEDNAX has grown from a single neonatology practice to a national multi-specialty medical group.
Obstetrix and Pediatrix Medical Groups offer:
- Leadership opportunities
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- A nationwide network of collaborative providers
- Research, education, quality improvement and safety programs
For more information, contact Janet Friedman.
Can't find time to read? Listen instead!