Looking for a new adventure? Obstetrix Medical Group of Indiana is expanding! Join a team of maternal-fetal medicine specialists, whose services range from consultive to comprehensive care using evidence-based medicine and treatment. Located in the Great Lakes region, you’ll find plenty of fantastic opportunities to spend your free time.
With locations in Indianapolis, South Bend, Evansville and more, we have a strong presence throughout Indiana.
Today we highlight Evansville and share why working here is a perfect opportunity for you and your family.
A life in Evansville
Evansville, Indiana, is a city full of rich history, booming arts districts, and scenic views of the Ohio River—and the home to our opening for a Medical Director! The city is positioned in the southwest corner of Indiana and is under a three-and-a-half-hour drive from major cities such as Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville and St. Louis.
Evansville is home to many family-friendly activities such as the Mesker Park Zoo and Botanical Gardens, the Children’s Museum of Evansville and Wesselman Woods. The historic Bosse Field is the 3rd oldest ballpark in the United States and set of the 1992 film “A League of Their Own.” Looking for something fun for the whole family? The West Side Nut Club Fall Festival is an annual, week-long street festival full of free entertainment, carnival attractions and plenty of delicious food. For adults, explore West Franklin Street’s eclectic nightlife and downtown Evansville’s shopping experience filled with boutiques, specialty shops and galleries. Neighboring Newburgh, located on the Ohio River, boasts a historic downtown with plenty of riverfront shops and cafes to visit.
Fun things to do in Indiana
Wishing for a weekend away? From national parks to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indiana boasts countless fun activities for the whole family. Here are just a few:
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: Bring your family for a weekend outing to the world's largest children's museum. (Indianapolis, IN)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Located in Speedway, Indiana, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the home of the Indianapolis 500 and the Brickyard 400 and the former home of the United States Grand Prix. (Indianapolis, IN)
- Squire Boone Caverns: Enjoy a walking tour into the depths of caverns and a chance to explore their working pioneer village and grist mill. (Mauckport, IN)
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari: This theme park, located in Santa Claus, Indiana, celebrates all your favorite holidays with rollercoasters, live entertainment, games and attractions. (Santa Claus, Indiana)
- Market Street Catacombs: Visit the Market Street Catacombs, a hidden network of subterranean passageways lying beneath Indianapolis's bustling City Market. (Indianapolis, IN)
- Indianapolis Zoo: Explore the wonders of wildlife by bringing your family on a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo. This zoo is home to more than 3,800 animals from across the world. (Indianapolis, IN)
Let us help you find the ideal location for your career
Founded in 1979, MEDNAX has grown from a single neonatology practice to a national multi-specialty medical group.
Obstetrix Medical Group offer:
- Leadership opportunities
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- A nationwide network of collaborative providers
- Research, education, quality improvement and safety programs
If you are interested in pursuing opportunities in Indiana, view our open positions or contact Jeannie Walker for more information. Be a part of our mission to Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.™