Pediatrix Medical Group of Ohio is seeking neonatologists to join its team at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. The hospital serves a pediatric population of 1.4 million and averages about 4,000 deliveries and 950 NICU admissions annually. The team is looking for an individual interested in expanding their leadership skills and up to the challenge of this busy NICU.Read more to learn why a career in Southwest Ohio is right for you!
Don't have time to read? Listen to the blog here!
The Buckeye State
In 2019, Dayton was ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the best places to live and has ranked in the top twenty cities in the U.S. for the lowest cost of living. For families, Dayton has excellent school systems, access to exceptional healthcare and is filled with diverse neighborhoods and family-friendly activities year-round. Also, the city is full of rich history and culture—it’s even the birthplace of aviation.
Did you know in addition to the “Buckeye State,” Ohio was given the nickname “The Heart of it All”? This slogan first appeared in 1984 due to the state’s heart-shaped border and abundance of activities.
Speaking of activities, we’ve scoped out some must-do adventures in Dayton and the surrounding area.
- Bring your family for a weekend outing to the Cincinnati Zoo, home of the world-famous hippo Fiona.
- Experience the wonders of the sea at the Newport Aquarium, just a short drive away from Dayton.
- Visit the United States Air Force Museum, the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world, located six miles northeast of Dayton.
- Discover new foods at Dorothy Lane Market—a nationally ranked and family-owned grocery store.
- For art lovers and kids alike, the Dayton Art Institute is one of the region’s premier fine arts museums, exhibiting over 27,000 pieces of art.
- Explore the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, which commemorates Wilbur Wright, Orville Wright and poet Pail Laurence Dunbar for their work in Miami Valley.
- Shop for local produce, foods and crafts at the 2nd Street Market, a popular destination for both tourists and locals.
A local perspective
Edwin Spitzmiller, M.D., Medical Director, provided his insights on the practice and its geography.
“I joined the Southwest Ohio Pediatrix Medical Group fresh out of fellowship about 15 years ago. Over the subsequent years, I have become the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics, Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer, and most recently, the medical director. I believe the culture of the hospital system, as well as Mednax, has allowed me to pursue my interests. We have always thought of ourselves as family, especially during the difficult times.
Dayton is a great place to live and raise a family. It is close to three major metropolitan areas: Cincinnati, Columbus and Indianapolis, Indiana. Dayton has many great opportunities including the Air Force Museum, the Tour de Donut event, Carillon Historic Park and the Oregon District—a thriving place to live and shop, full of quaint boutiques and restaurants. For those who like outdoor activities, Dayton and the surrounding area have ample opportunity to get out and play in whatever capacity you enjoy, such as golf, cycling, boating, hiking, tennis, ice skating, skiing and paddle tennis.
Come to Dayton and join Pediatrix Medical Group of Ohio to grow, thrive, learn and enjoy the community and the people in the practice and the city. You will be welcomed. We’re excited for you to join us.”